Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Why I should have listened to the voices in my head....

So I finally bit the bullet and I sat down last night with the new pattern and how much yarn it's going to take for the two throws I wanted to do (see earlier post).... Did the math...

CRAP
(sorry mom)

Not going to be enough. Not even close. It would be more of a pillow cover (granted a large pillow, but still) than a throw. The voices in my head at the yarn sale that told me to buy extra, but alas, I chose not to listen to them. This is one situation where I can think that it WAS a good idea to listen to those voices... despite what the doctors say.

So I'm either going to completely frog what I have and start over - mind you, this would be the 6th time - and try to find an ok pattern this time around... or give up for now and try to find coordinating yarn at another time to make it big enough. I'm thinking option 2, a) because I have a list of things that I really do need before Christmas b) because I think I might snap if I have to work on it right now.

But maybe now I'll finally finish the hats I drunkenly promised my friends a while ago :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

There is no "try" Grasshopper, there is only "do".

themamajama said...

Listen to the voice of experience - walk away from the project. Your problems will probably only multiply if you force the issue. Once you accept the reality the original idea won't work, the solution will become apparent when you have time to calmly think about it. The best thing to do now is punt - do something that you can easily accomplish - like the hats. I have learned the best day to celebrate Christmas is the one when your heart is overflowing with glad tidings. I don't think the Prince of Peace picked a precise day on the calendar when we feel like we just finished a marathon. If the people who will receive the gift don't understand, then maybe you should reconsider if they deserve all your time and effort.