This sort of ties back to my “Lazy Perfectionist” post… well not really…
See, I started this Head Band Thingie I found on Ravelry. I’m not a hat person, my hair is too big for hats (not 80’s big but not conducive to proper hat coverage) and since I live in the Great White North, having something on your head is important, lest your ears freeze off! Enter the Head Band Thingie. It’s a fairly simple pattern… a rib pattern where the rib increases from a k2/p2 rib to a k2/p5 and back down again.
Well right off the bat I started having issues. You are supposed to slip the first stitch on each row to create a stockinet edge. Well, I must be twisting it or something because I’m getting this intermittent bumpy edge.
Second, I forgot to count rows which means, I’m going to have to count it all up somehow on the decreases, not a bad problem just a pain.
Third, the pattern said to make all the increases on the right side rows. Well, I didn’t read that part and did it on the wrong side, then corrected it and did the next row of increases correctly BUT I like it better with the increases on the wrong side. So when I went to do one of the rounds of increases, I was having such a hard time increasing, purling into the front and back of one stick, that I decided to just pick up a stitch and just purl it... which resulted in a series of big holes in the fabric… AND I didn’t really love the yarn I was using anyway…
so 1/3 of the way into this little project, I ripped it all out. I’ll probably start it again. I’m not sure.