Saturday, March 1, 2008

Let the Games Begin!

I accepted Amy's challenge to participate in the Socks Pentathalon.
I know there were anxious knitters all over the world in the starting blocks ready to sprint to the finish, but I slept through the opening ceremonies at midnight. I printed out the pattern when I woke up at 3:30AM. Ran out in the sleet to get needles I left in the car but couldn't find them - DRAT! NO problem - just put an unfinshed sock on dpns and "borrowed" that circ. (#0)
Of course, I had to start but was thrown by the suggested start. Watched a video of Magic Cast On - tried it twice but I was obviously doing something wrong as I got a purl ridge across the toe. So not only did I "borrow" it's needle, I also used the toe instructions from the temporarily abandoned sock ( toe up, provisional cast on, short row toe - Early Spring Sock Pattern in Panda Cotton by Janice Kang - something I won in a swap on Ravelry)
Looks good - so of course I'm knitting instead of sleeping. Heard from Amy at 7:30 so I know her needles are smoking. I don't hope to beat her - I will consider myself a winner if I get this pair done before the next pattern comes out.
It's 8:20 AM now - I'm a slow typist.
I finshed row 9 of the patten - I'm going to try to get to sleep.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm only on row 12 of the pattern. Luckly I'm snowed in at the moment so I dno't have anything to do but KNIT