Monday, April 14, 2008

Did it!

I sewed on the buttons and actually wore it to work.


It is comfortble but the sleeves are slightly long. Too much work to shorten, so I decided to live with it. I'm thinking about making another one in cream - still need something for St. Patick's Day.

(Glad I joined Weight Watchers - have a few months before the next sweater season to be a better model.)

Wednesday, April 9, 2008


A kind Ravelry member suggested I consult the Yarn Harlot's blog for a suggestion to camoflage my booboo. IT WORKED!
voodoo fix
Phew! Now I won't have to keep my arm clasped to my body when I wear it.


I finished knitting the pieces for the Must Have and started sewing it together. The button band wasn't behaving so decided to try a stake out when I noticed this:

booboo close up


I left it pinned down overnight and in seems to lie flat now. I considered frogging but that means trying to find my carefully hidden sewing and maybe redoing the button band with many potential problems. Sigh!

Then I realized it will be partially hidden under my arm and decided to live with it. I'm adopting the quilting attitude that mimics the supposed Amish choise to purposely include a mistake - that's the story I'm sticking with. When it eventually urks me too much, I'll odnate it and make myslef another one.